Multiple appliances in to a FCU

I personally would certainly like to have separate means of disconnection (or, ideally, true isolation), for each of the three loads.
So if you bought a gas cooker, would you modify the internal wiring so that you could separately isolate the hob ignition and the oven ignition and light?

Sponsored Links
I personally would certainly like to have separate means of disconnection (or, ideally, true isolation), for each of the three loads.
So if you bought a gas cooker, would you modify the internal wiring so that you could separately isolate the hob ignition and the oven ignition and light?
You've obviously not got much to do with your time today. Stop being silly!

Kind Regards, John.

I'm not.

You said you would "certainly like to have separate means of disconnection (or, ideally, true isolation), for each of the three loads".

With a cooker you wouldn't get that, so what's the difference when the hob and oven are separate?

Sponsored Links
I'm not. You said you would "certainly like to have separate means of disconnection (or, ideally, true isolation), for each of the three loads".
OK, if you're being that pedantic, change my words to say "certainly like to have separate means of disconnection (or, ideally, true isolation), for the cable going to each of the three loads" - the point being that, as a matter of convenience, I would like to be able to separately disconnect/isolate the electricity supply from any one of the three 'boxes' being supplied, without having to disconnect/isolate the other two.

With a cooker you wouldn't get that, so what's the difference when the hob and oven are separate?
To have to operate two isolators to render 'dead' the entire contents of the box called a cooker would actually be dangerous. I would want one, and only one, isolator for each 'box'.

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back