multiple flood lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to hang three 500w flood lamps to light a stage. Can I spur off of a socket ring and switch on with one fused spur switch? Comments please.

Sponsored Links
In theory yes - provided the appropriate cable and connectors is used, and the lights have a suitable front guard to prevent failed lamps exploding onto the stage, and you have a suitable way to hang these including safety chains, and the lights are of a type designed for use indoors without causing the surroundings to be overheated. They will also need to be tested before use to ensure they are wired correctly. There is also the issue of ridiculously short lamp life, and who/how the lamps will be replaced on a regular basis.
Unless this stage is in your own home, there will inevitably be other regulations and requirements to comply with.

Far simpler and probably cheaper to just buy or hire the proper stage lighting.

I want to hang three 500w flood lamps to light a stage. Can I spur off of a socket ring and switch on with one fused spur switch? Comments please.
Problem is proper stage lights are very expensive. This seemed a cheaper and effective option for occassional use. The lights will not be directly above the stage.

You can get a Par 56 can for about a tenner, and a lamp for about another tenner. Surely £20 isn't too much?

Try here

It's not worth messing around when you can do it properly for not much more than you're planning on spending.

Sponsored Links
You can get a Par 56 can for about a tenner, and a lamp for about another tenner. Surely £20 isn't too much?

Try here

It's not worth messing around when you can do it properly for not much more than you're planning on spending.
Hey Thanks, didn't know about them.
Do you think I should use an FCU per light, or would one switched be enough?

Try here

Any benefit using a Par 64?

Try here

Any benefit using a Par 64?

PAR64 is just a larger lamp and will give a wider spread of light.

It's up to you.

One FCU would be able to power the lights, but 3 seperate swithces gives you more control.

Is there no existing wiring at all to this stage?

It's up to you.

One FCU would be able to power the lights, but 3 seperate swithces gives you more control.

Is there no existing wiring at all to this stage?
Nothing, the staging blocks sre only put out at christmas time.

Where are they put out?

When they are out, do any people get up on them and do things?

If there are people up on them doing things are there any other people in the vicinity watching them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back