Music downloading

I

imamartian

I've heard recently that 'authorities' are clamping down on illegal music file, peer 2 peer type 'stealing'.

Firstly, does anyone know if this is true?

And secondly, if i put all my CD's onto my MP3 player, then sell my CD's on eBay, how do i prove where i got all my music from?

Sponsored Links
been going on ages now downloading from sites like limewire, kazaa etc.
trace you through your ip address.

And secondly, if i put all my CD's onto my MP3 player, then sell my CD's on eBay, how do i prove where i got all my music from?
Don't quote me on this, but I think you can only do this if you keep your cds as a backup - if you sell your cds, you should remove the music from your MP3 player.

I've heard that "peer guardian" is pretty good at hiding ip adresses.

Sponsored Links
Does that mean that all the old vinyl albums that I have can be copied from one of these P2P networks for download onto my MP3 player| :?:

The mp3 must be copied from music that you own. It is your right to make a backup of your own personal collection as long as you keep the original medium and do not sell or distribute copies.

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but it is not legal to rip your CD's to MP3. There is no "Right" to backup your music to MP3. There has been a consultation that is underway the results of which are due for release at the beginning of July for proposals of the government to amend the relevant legislation as everyone already does it to use mp3 players. For more info look at this and the related links.

Who cares if its legal or not ... NOBODY is going to be prosecuted for making as many copies of media which they originally purchased (in whatever medium) provided they do not sell on, give away or use in public places etc.

I for one believe that the entertainment industry could do with losing some sales ... They make far too much money as it is.

MW

Sponsored Links
Back