Music througho ut my house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Wonder if you might be able to offer me some advice as to which products will suit my needs.

I would like to have music piped through my house, for example when I am in the bathroom have music played from a central amplifier to that specific room. I have no problems in wiring up such a system however I am stuck on what equipement I will need to allow me to do it, for example do I need some form of selector box that will allow me to turn music on and off in the desired room? If so am I able to get one that is remote controlled or are they generally manual (like the old scart switching boxes).

If so can any of you point me in the right direction as to what I should be looking for.

Hope it makes sense, if you require any further information just let me know.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Google cloud mixer/amp.

They do 4 zone mixer/amps with remote controls wired back to the amp. The remote have source select and volume on it.

We fit these in pubs to allow different zoning in different areas. Have also fitted several to large houses.

JBL ceiling speakers complement them well.

They do a mixer/amp combo, or you can just get the mixer part and use different amps (one per zone).

www.cloud.co.uk

4650.gif

RSL-6.gif

Sponsored Links
Cheap and cheerful

SS50.jpg

I've used one for about 10 years and have installed dozens for clients.

Product information: QED SS50 5 Way 'Transmatch' Speaker Switch

Enables connection and switching of up to five pairs of speakers from a stereo amplifier

Unique impedance matching design.
‘A’ pair switching direct for best sound quality. ‘B1’ to ‘B4’ Transmatch converts a net 2 ohms load back to 8 ohms for safe amplifier operation. Impedance loading with all pairs selected – 4 ohms (using five pairs of 8 ohm speakers.
Power rating: 60 Watts RMS. Electronic overload protected.
Silver-plated switch contacts.
Large cable entry protected terminals.
Dimensions – H 55 x W 157 x D 155 mm

Between £70-£90 depending on supplier, simply wire each set of speakers back to switching unit and then amp outputs to switching unit.

Mine are run with Music Fidility X Ray series pre and power valve amps, no problems even though I do have to keep the volume low due to 180w amp outputs :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back