Mustn't upset the little darlings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not that the game interests me, but it does get my goat </understatement> when everyone falls over themselves not to - inadvertently or otherwise - offend the Muslim creed.

You can bet your bottom dollar that similar references to Christian beliefs would not result in it being pulled. Are Sony worried they might end up with a fatwah against them and suicide bombers queueing up to get through the factory door?

Like most things PC-orientated, it's a reasonable assumption that the majority of muslims wouldn't give a fig about it: it's only the jihadis who would take offence at anything (while conveniently ignoring the tenet of the Koran that suicide is a sin, it's wrong to kill women and children etc) :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You didn't read the bit in the article about them offending a christian faith then. :rolleyes:

The game has been delayed not banned while they remove the parts likely to cause offense. A recall of any unsold product seems reasonable.

Sony are probably worried about possible repercussions and with good cause in this day and age. If I was the chief exec at Sony I would remove anything that was likely to cause offence and affect sales.

We are talking about a sound track being removed from a computer game. :rolleyes:

With any religion it is the extremists that give it a bad name, why give them a gallon of petrol to throw on an already smouldering fire.

I did: note the difference in the way they dealt with it though. Equally I wasn't aware that any Christian Fundamentalists took it upon themselves to firebomb Sony HQ over the depiction of that church.

The jihadis desecrate the Koran's meanings and teachings far more than that software would.

Sponsored Links
Why live in fear of the little sh*ts?

The vast majority of Muslims, like any religion, caste, creed are normal, respectful, peaceable people and would probably not give a tinker's cuss, the same as most christians weren't that bothered by the use of the church in the other game.

Interestingly, the singer of the song in question IS A MUSLIM!!! He was interviewed on the news the other day and said "I love the Qu'ran, so want to spread its message in my music!" - so it wasn't even like it was anything derogatory. However, in this day and age companies are very very cautious as they don't want their buildings blown up by extremists.

Although personally I think they're going too far, its easy to find offence if you look for it: Did any hardline Christian groups get offended when Coolio sang "As I walk through the valley in the shadow of death"? :LOL:

Back