my cctv recorder shows file open error.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my cctv recorder shows file open error when i try and play back why?

It also keeps shutting it self down every thirty seconds.... whats going on? can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Firstly lets guess the make and model and then try to work out if you did anything, like software upgrades, just prior to it doing this plus an idea of its age.

A bit more information required me thinks!!

If it has an external power supply, this may be bu99ered. Alternatively, the hard disk could be damaged or corrupted which causes the DVR to reboot.

Is this the same Chinese DVR from eBay that your brother installed and that was giving you grief in June? If so, how did you get it working then? Or is it time to chuck it and spend a bit more on something more reliable?

its my new one... a Dosan H264 i got it from Germany. I think i should of got someone who knew what they were doing to install it....

Sponsored Links
its my new one... a Dosan H264 i got it from Germany. I think i should of got someone who knew what they were doing to install it....

There is not much to installing them. It's more about the quality, or lack of, of the purchase.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back