My Dads Caravan Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone could maybe shed some light on a problem my dad is having with his Combi boiler in his static caravan.
Type of boiler in the caravan is a Worcester Bosch 240 Combi BF & OF and is 12 years old, run on LPG.
When you turn on the shower or the central heating after a few minutes the pilot gas supply is cut off.
I was wondering if the thermo coupling valve is defective or the gas injectors need cleaning, my areas of expertise are 20yrs as a joiner, with 10years electrics and general plumbing thrown in so not touched boiler issues really except what I have gained knowledge from from fellow colleagues in that trade
The local plumber who is a Corgi registered gas engineer suspected sensors were cutting the gas supply but was not sure so he was going to look at the manual... He did inform my dad that he was unable to get any Worcester Bosch parts.
He confirmed that a new alternative manufactured boiler would cost approx £1000 + fitting

Any advise would be greatly received so I can pass this on to my dad.

Multiskilledbob

Sponsored Links
Does the pump run when it fires up .if it doesn`t it will cause it to overheat and trip out.
Also a partially blocked pilot will pull away from the t/couple when the main burner comes on causing the tip to cool and pilot to drop out.

There is a couple of sensors on it but even if they where faulty it would usually take far longer than a couple of minutes for them to allow boiler to get that hot it would trip pilot

Cheers Namsag
I will get in touch with my dad and get a better idea of the situation with timelines on how quick it drops out and whether the pump kicks in etc... If it is a partially blocked pilot can this be cleaned with a blast of air or would a corgi reg need to do this to gain access to the main gubbins of the unit?

I Need to gem up on building regs for plumbing concerns!

Sponsored Links
If its an open flued model you may just be able to get in and blow pilot clean.
But an open flued boiler also has a filter at the back for the main burner and they do need properly serviced every 1 to 2 years

Balanced flued would need case etc removed and your getting into corgi territory straight away there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back