My Hotpoint wd420

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my hotpoint wd420 was on standby for very long. Apon returning home, my machine lost power. I changed around the plug fuse with no joy. No lights no, power nothing. Please advise

Sponsored Links
my hotpoint washer dryer turns itself off after 10 mins of being on standby, and will turn back on if you press a button or unplug and then plug it back in. Sounds like something else is wrong with yours though,

have you checked it in another socket?

otherwise i would say (without seeing it or knowing more about it) that you may need to call an engineer

Ok.....i changed the fuse......it started and worked for a few minutes then tripped again. Fuse blew. What do uou think???Should i pay £105 to send out an engineer, or should i get the local handy man to sort the problem out.

As it's a washer dryer you might have a dryer heater prob. Remove the lid and disconnect the dryer see if it still trips.

Sponsored Links
Ok,iv done some digging and I think I pretty sure I know what's wrong.Something blew.According to my untrained I it looks like a transistor,resistor one of the 2.It a little round thing,where the mains goes to directly inside the washing machine.From the 3 wire main it goes straight into this,then there a little white thing(internally) that has 3 earths,a blue wire and a brown.Looks to me like the brown wire pop,melted and wrote the whole thing if.

So from here,I need to ask,I cut the brown wire where it looks good,can I get new parts and reside it,or do I need to replace the internal brown wire??

It's a mains surpresser ,yes cut the bad bit out and rejoin it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back