My radiator has gone off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help me please

We installed a combi bolier central heating system when we moved in Three years ago and all radiators worked fine. Last year we has an loft conversion done and extended the heating to two radiators in the conversion, one in en suite bathroom which works fine, the other is in new main bedroom and was working fine until recently. It has never been as hot as other radiators but we assumed it was because it was highest in house. The other day the radiator went off completely. We were advised to bleed it which we did and as soon as bleed valve opened, water came out normal colour and cold. The two pipes coming from floor to radiator, one on right hand side (which has temp thing attached) is hot, other one is cold. Every now and then the radiator will come one but nly be slightly warm in some places but pipe from floor on left hand side always stays cold. I am feeling the cold very much at min and would be grateful if someone could offer me advice what to do, please help

Sponsored Links
It was possibly never "balanced" with the rest. See the stupidly named "for reference" section.
Could be the valve has stuck off. Take its head off (unscrew collar usually) and see if pin springs up and down.

May be that blr is range rated at a low setting so will need adjusting to meet system load (job for a pro though)

Sponsored Links
I tried something that was suggested to me and closed one valve at each end of radiator to try and flush heat to radiator but my combi boiler made a terrible noise like it was going to explode so i turned it off and left it, would i be better off getting a pro in now do you think??? Dont wanna explode my heating for the sake of a cold radiator

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back