my rads sound like a blow lamp!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had a heatrae sadia electromax boiler(9kw) fitted back in august and 6 new rads.(a whole new system replacing n s h). In the last 2/3 weeks i have noticed a sound comming from the 2 rads closest to the boiler which sounds to me like a blowlamp running. The system works as it should and no alarms are flashing at me, but this bloody noise is really annoying.I have tried turning the trv down on each but it doesn't seem to work.The pipe work is all copper and surface fixed, all clipped nicely and no leaks. The 2 rads mentioned are on the same pipe run and the rad in the lounge below is T'ed off from these. The 2 rads are 1000 singles and the one below is 1000 double.I hope that is enough info for an expert, i am just a lowly carpenter!Please help, it's driving me mad.

Sponsored Links
check for air, check valves are all open...if you do blead and its a sealed system...check your water pressure gauge afterwards...should be 1 - 1.5 bar.

Sponsored Links
i am not sure what the "other" valve is and what it does.Should this one be fully opened.Could someone explain what it is for please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back