My 'WAGO' report

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I said I was using WAGO's for the first time on job and would let you all know the outcome. :)

I have used them mainly for lighting circuits. :)

The time saving is indisputable I managed to connect and hang a brass alloy chandelier in under 2 minutes :D , no juggling with a connector block and terminal driver, fantastic :D :D . All contained inside a 'WAGOBOX' so very neat and secure :D :D :D .

Now they claim that the WAGO will work with 'flex' down to 0.75mm :( , this part is where I think the choc block connector has its advantage.

On one occasion it took 10 attempts :cry: to get a satisfactory 'grip' of the flex and this was only achieved when doubled with a solid core.

I made a point of giving plenty of freshly stripped flex so that it could be twisted and doubled but on some occasions this still proved difficult. :cry:

They are a great help for flouresent lights and they give a very neat appearance, maintenance or exchange of a fitting will also be greatly eased. :D

However it has still meant creating inspection 'traps' :( for them in the floor void, even thou they can very easily be accessed via the cable entry point. :)

Overall I really do quite like them, however, at about 11pence each there is a cost implication.

I intend to try out the 'push' connectors next and will do on the next job.

Worth considering I feel.

Any body else worked with them yet?

Sponsored Links
i love wago connectors i use hundreds of them admittants mostly din rail mounted

which type where u using? the ones with the level operated clamps will grip very small conductors- i often use them on 0.1mm signal cables

strip connectors are so horrible to use after wagos!

Sponsored Links
On one occasion it took 10 attempts :cry: to get a satisfactory 'grip' of the flex and this was only achieved when doubled with a solid core.

I made a point of giving plenty of freshly stripped flex so that it could be twisted and doubled but on some occasions this still proved difficult. :cry:
CTPINSLASHR.JPG

you can get hold of some 'hellerman' style connectors too from newy's they are what i have been using. although like you say they are a bit pants on flex

Thanks for that BAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately i'd run out of the buggers and was not going driving to get any, besides WAGO claim they should grip the flex

Wago's are like women, after 2 - 3 times of something solid inserted you need to increase the girth to touch the sides. This is my own personal opinion and not of my wife,s

I think I know your wife, but I never had that problem with her ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back