Myson Apollo 30si CH not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

in the last few days the CH has started to refuse to light up. The HW works fine, but even when I switch boiler to CH & HW, the CH doesn't work.

Any ideas what it might be so I don't get over charged by the engineer?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be a problem with either the motorised valve or room thermostat, when you turn the heating on check to see if the valve motors open.

James

Sponsored Links
The room thermostat is on full, but as you say could be broke.
Re the valve, I can't hear the boiler do anything when I switch the CH heating on.How would I check if the valve was openin?

Any ideas how much either would be to sort?

ta

Do you have an airing cupboard with your hot water cylinder in.

Should either have 1 3port valve or 2 2port valves, in theory depending on system.

James

Right, got my hot water cylinder with my thermostat on (set to 70). Where abouts would these valves be?

Thanks for the assistance btw.

Mate you are a god send. I had been fiddling around outside near the boiler. Had a look in the airing cupboard and found a box saying auto/ manual. Flipped it over to manual then it slid back to auto. Tried the CH and it fired up first time. w00t, I'm going to enjoy the tropical heat.

Thanks

Me again. The valve is the issue. CH worked fine so set the timer to have it on this AM. It didn't come on and I had to use the manual/auto switch and then it went on fine.

If I am going to open up the valve, what should I be looking at inside to check?

Thanks

What type of valve is it, I,e Honeywell etc.
Normally easier to change the acutuator (head), than try and repair the unit.

James

Hi,

it's a mid-position valve and I think it says Danfoss on it ( difficult to make out)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back