myson apollo boiler help req

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
new to the board.
I,m looking for help with my boiler (myson apollo).
All worked fine until we had a power cut.
The problem I'm now having is that it wont fire up. The pilot light stays alight.
If I start from scratch and turn off all electrical switches (mains, timer, boiler off) and kill the pilot light then turn them all back on in sequence ie light pilot, turn on mains, turn on boiler to high, turn on timer to constant then it does fire up after several attempts of shuting down and restarting. Put the timer to timed over night and all is cold in the morning, leaving me to go through the hole process from scratch again.
Hope someone can advise me of this problem.
Many thanks in advance,
Dave

Sponsored Links
Intermittent faultsare always difficult. If you can make it go wrong reliably, you just have to work with the manual/electrical diagram and a multimeter to see what goes wrong first.
Partsarena.com/baxi

I think gas valve maybe sticking as apollo's are pretty simple,green button valve is it,unless someone may change solenoid its a whole new one,also is mzv working

Sponsored Links
Whilst it is not firing you will need to test fan terminals the aps and so on logically following the circuits witha a multimeter to see how far the boiler is getting and at what point it is failing.

I can hear and feel the fan start up when on timed or switched to constant but it's not allways triggering the boiler to fire up!!
Dave

That might well be an APS problem!

Thats CORGI territory though!

Tony

Air Pressure Switch, the safety device that tells the boiler the fan is running correctly, which is why it should be replaced by a RGI.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back