Myson Compact CP53, strange noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Plumbing and heating novice after some help with the following -

Just moved into a new house (built 1997) with a myson water pump attached to a potterton suprima.

The water pump has started getting noisy, almost like a grinding noise which is keeping me awake.

I am going to bleed the radiators and the pump to see if this resolves the problem but short of that is there anything else I can do?

I don't mind getting a plumber in to change to pump if needed but would like to be reasonably sure that this is the problem before parting with the cash.

Thanks for your help,

RN

Sponsored Links
Only you can hear your pump but the only solution is likely to be to replace the pump.

Fairly simple DIY job if you just replace the head. Myson are called Circulating Pumps now.

Tony

really be a bit better off fitting a grundfoss pump. i find the myson range to be a bit wanting.of course its more work than just changeing the head, but if theres crus in the body, just changing the head wont make any difference. we have alot of issues with some of our guys just changing heads and not sorting underlying issues (no offense tony :) )

Myson/circulating pumps are the 'free with cornflakes' of the pump world :eek:

As said, fit a Grundfoss, or a Wilo.

Sponsored Links
really be a bit better off fitting a grundfoss pump.

Changing the pump head is a relative easy DIY job. Cost under £50 for pump.

Changing a whole pump with seized nuts is challenging even for a professional. Cost with Grunfoss usually £150-£230

Tony

Changing a pump is with seized nuts is challenging for a pro :eek: :eek: :eek:
Get real agile takes a 2 mins to either shock it free with a hammer and chisel or cut the nuts off with junior hacksaw.

To OP
myson pumps avialable for around £ 30 and as been said worst pump out there.
Wilo pump around £40 and is a very good budget pump.

Grundfoss between £50 and £60 and are the best and quietest pump and worth that bit extra

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back