Name that washer!

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,

I took apart my sink in the following order (I know this is out of order):-

First I opened the cap of the U bend (shown as B) Then I opened this hinge that controls the stopper from a plunger behind the taps (shown as A]). A washer from the hinge A, fell into the open drain shown as B.

The missing washer allows the hinge to move in and out, causing a leak (shown as C).

4147683895_2d124098b7.jpg

There is a ball inside the cap shown below, the idea is that tightening cap pushes the ball in against the washer sealing the whole thing (shown as D). The washer should be a little under 20cm in size, as it actually fits snugly into the hole and the then the ball fits into it ... is this all completely non-standard or can I replace the washer? What am I looking for?

4147684617_c062fa78cb.jpg

Thanks

Ray Kinsella

Sponsored Links
hi

take the assembly arm in 2nd photo to a plumbers merchant and c if he can supply one. It comes in the pack with the waste so unfortunately dont know what its called.

good luck

Sponsored Links
muggles: It fell into the drain side of the U bend ... its gone :cry:

jcampbell: Thanks for that, will give it a try.

seco services: Thanks for the information. Will it be hard to replace the popup waste bit off, should I leave it for a plumber?

Buy a new pop up from b&q, take out the bit you need (think there all the same) and take the waste back for refund. :LOL:

Dont worry plumber who has to fit it second time round wont mind, :mad: esp when hes on a price to fit it and the customer has supplied the waste.

Thats the kind of c r a p that usually happens to me ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back