Need advice re "NEW" Aqualisa Quartz Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody

I have just purchased (through the dreaded Ebay!!!) A new Quartz pumped power shower. When I recieved it It had no external markings or stickers identifying it as an Aqualisa product. It had a long white sticker like seal across the box opening. All the accessories are sealed and look new.

However, the pump/ processor itself does not. Firstly it has a sticker on it which is been ripped off so you can't read what was on it. It has another with a service number on it. Underneath the black caps for the water supplys the piping looks scratched and there is water present in and below the pipes.

There is also no warranty present in the pack.

Does this sound like a new product, or a repaired one being re hashed. For the pumbers out there, how does this shower pack usually present? and is there water in them when new?

The guy i purchased from swears it bought it brand new and unused.

Sorry for such a long message. But please help

Ben

Sponsored Links
Phone the Shower Dr (shop) who sell Aqualisa showers. They should be able to give you the info you require as they are very helpful :)
0121 707 9240

With regard to buying off Ebay you do not get a guarantee and although you will be getting it on the cheap, the risk of buying dud stuff is very high :eek:

Caveat Emptor:cool: ( Buyer Beware)

There wouldn't be water present if it was new so I suspect you have been had i'm afraid :cry:

Im very experienced on Ebay so I no you don't get a garanty from Ebay, what I meant was there was no Aqualisa Warranty in the shower pack!!

Thanks for the reply i'll give them a ring

bennyboy said:
there was no Aqualisa Warranty in the shower pack!!

I doubt that any warranty attached would be valid as you would need a receipt from a bonafide supplier.
Hopefully it will work ok when fitted :)

Sponsored Links
phoned aqaulisa who said they water ALL their products, so there would be water in it. And there may be some scrach mark on the piping. They also said I don't need a warranty because if there's a problem they will send a service engineer anytime in the next 5 years!!

Ben,
Like you I am looking at getting a New Aqualisa Quartz from ebay, which says it comes with a five year warranty. Just to clarify if there isn't one in the box, will aqualisa still come out free to repair even if you haven't got an original receipt and it was bought via ebay?

Cojoba

Hadn't realised my post was 3 1/2 years ago! Anyhow, yes I think they will. They did for me, engineer came out no details needed as long as the quartz was there, fixed the problem I had and that was that. Best to ring the tech line and double check they still offer the service.

Regards

Ben

PS Excellent shower couldn't ask for better!

Happy New Year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back