need help identifying gas valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Customer called me to service his inset coal effect gas fire. Well, before i started i could smell gas, confirmed by the t/test.

The gas control valve was leaking badly. Customer said 'we often get a flame from there' !!! as i capped it off...

I'm trying(if possible to get a replacement but there was not data badge or make on the fire. All i was able to get was Model No GBRC2, Serial No 004073, and Imperial Electrical Co.

Any ideas and are spares available.

Sponsored Links
A photo would help. BES stock some generic types of gas valve with FFDs for gas fires, like this -
8958.gif

Technically speaking, you can only repair the fire with a maker's approved part. If the makers are no longer araound then you've had it. On your own head beit if you fit a "generic" part.

Can you not dismantle the gas valve - may need re-greasing.

Try Gas Appliance Spares - 01772 702755; they may be able to help.

If you can buy the same gas valve as the fire manufacturer used then I dont see thats any serious problem as long as you check the setting properly. Gas valves do NOT come ready set! Even when bought as a manufacturers part except on some premix boilers.

Taking the valve apart and trying to fix it seems to be asking for trouble and I dont think CORGI would be very pleased if they knew you did that.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony, I think the gas valve the OP is refering to is the on/off gas tap similar to a cooker control not a multifunctional type control (I would never countenance taking one of those apart).

Cooker control taps can be dismantled and re-greased without any problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back