Need Help Wiring 4 Downlights To An Excisting Light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people

I want to wire 4 downlights to 1 excisting light fitting/ceiling rose.

Now in my loft i have the main junction box and from there have 1mm2 twin and earth to the light fitting.

Now i have bought a 6 junction box so am i right in saying

from the feed of the old light fitting wire it up to the new junction box,
then from that junction box run 4 lenghts (4 downlights) of 1mm2 twin&earth(as it reccommends) out to the locations of the downlights.

then do i use a choc box to connect the twin &earth and then coming out 0.75mm2 2core flex to the downlight?

or

do i just run in the 1mm2 twin and earth to the loction and wire it stright into the downlights?

so then and i have a spider looking junction box which will have 5 lenghts of twin and earth running from it (4 downs and the feed).

thanks people.

Sponsored Links
i'll try and draw what i mean

FEED TO LIGHT, MAIN JB, FEED TO LIGHT, JB FOR DOWNLIGHTS,
--------------------( )------------------------( )
I I I I
I I I I
I I I TWIN&EARTH TO DOWNLIGHTS

Sponsored Links
People have jobs to go to, and other things to do - they don't just sit on here all day waiting for questions to answer. Give them time and eventually I'm sure somebody will be able to help you.

Edit: I apologise if that came across as a little harsh, it wasn't intended.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back