Need Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to DIY, well i need a little help, nothing big, i have just bought a new house
0903_house_1.jpg
as you can see its a little rustic but thats where the fun comes in, sorry i couldn't get any inside shots of my lovely abode but its pretty much the same, alot of the main beams are missing, and the only beam left is covered in this green stuff, its night mare, i just don't know where to start....any help guys....please i could really do with the help as my this house cost me pretty much everything i had.....so theres no going back now!!!

John

Sponsored Links
hi ram it, ncie to meet you

thank you very much for the reply but it get the idea that your pulling my leg.....i don't really find it funny and nice. and any way what you said wouldn't work......i have already tried burning the green stuff on the other beams, hence the 'missing' that i said before, but i feel like giving it another shot
thnx Ram it, your a life saver

Moderator 3

Please accept my apologies, ram-it is being dealt with very shorty, I have deleted his post

welcome to the show

If the green is plant groth take scrapings or a chunk to your garden centre
they can probably suggest somthing.
has for the house , go slow ,if the inside is as rough as the outside you have a LOT of fun on your hands

good luck
stay in touch there is a lot of good people with good ideas on this site

Wow! :eek: Looks just like the haunted-house ride at Alton towers! :LOL:

As an amature, I'd suggest firstly; make sure the structure is sound and not about to come crashind down on you through wood-rot. If that's all ok, start at the top and work down. Sort out the roof and windows and make sure it's watertight then you can start work on the insides.

Not sure what that green gunk is, (alge?). Either a pressure washer or the good old fasioned bucket and scrubbing brush might do the trick on it. Might be worth getting a scaff set up so that you can wander about the walls safely.

Best of British to yer! :D

Sponsored Links
thnx for the help....i can already see that this project is going to be a great fun....i hope

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back