nero 9 and hard drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi helpers, I have a few hours recording on my handycam and its about time I transfered it onto DVDs

I have been looking at buying nero 9 to make it easy for me to do as i dont have a clue :oops: would that be a wise choice

also I would like to back up the video and all my music/photos etc
I have been looking at a seagate expansion desk top hard drive 500GB for about £50 is that too a good choice.

cheers P M

Sponsored Links
How do you want to put it onto DVD?
Do you already have the files that you simply want to copy onto a DVD as a backup?

If thats the case then a cheap copy of Nero that you can get for a few pounds when you buy a DVD writer would be fine (easier to use than what comes with windows) but I wouldnt buy the full product unless you want all the extra bloatware that they supply with it.

The seagate drive would be a good choice. Have a look at the free software Allwaysync as it will enable you to sync your files over to the external drive. Its good as it will copy across any new files automatically.
http://www.allwaysync.com/

I'm in the process of putting a wedding video to DVD. I'm using Windows Movie Maker (v6) comes free with windows. I would assume that you want to edit the video before you copy it to DVD. WMM is a great easy to use tool which enables you to import (to your PC) from your camcorder, edit the scenes, add music, transitions etc and then copy the finished project to DVD.
One of the issues I've found is that of camcorder file formats...my old Sony used AVI dead easy to import...my new Panasonic camcorder uses AVCHD format which my Adobe premiere elements 4 software cannot import (release 8 does). The wedding video was shot on a JVC which uses MOV format...its gets very confusing..! so I had to convert it to MP2 first...lots of ways of doing this. Basically try WMM it accepts most formats but does not have the bells and whistles of Adobe software....enjoy..!

Sponsored Links
Back