New 15.6v Drill/driver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
I just bought a 15.6v cordless drill/driver and have a few questions.
I've used cordless screwdrivers/drills before but this one has torque control.
I'm overjoyed as, as I understand it this gives more versatility on a wider range of materials (especially on softer woods etc).
Lets for example use ikea furniture as an example, I have 17 torque settings (17 being the drill setting) with the maximum torque being 15Nm
However this is also where it gets a bit confusing for me, what should the middle of the range torque be set at, halfway?
Hope someone can shed some light on the subject
thanks
Jack

Sponsored Links
unfortunatly you are overating the torque control ;)

its only normal value is restricting power on smaller screws to stop you overdoing it
i personaly never use torque control at all for screws or any other reason i just use the drill on slow speed and judge when to take my finger off the trigger when delicate work dictates

basicly leave it on maximum and enjoy the drill

Yep same as Big-Al never use the torque control when screwdriving after you use a cordless drill you get the knack and feel of when to stop pressing the trigger ;)

Saying that I do use the torque setting when using a flat bit/Auger bit/holesaw. Saves your wrists when drilling and the bit snags for any reason!

Sponsored Links
torque settings are usefull if you are putting a lot of screws in fast, such as when putting up plasterboard.. it stops you digging the screw in to the board too far, but also lets you work a little faster than going it by eye..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back