New banisters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help to what to put on my new banister it is a darkish wood, I know it needs sanding I wondered if oil or wax would be ok. Thanks

Sponsored Links
i'd recommend going to somewhere like B & Q and buying small "testers" of different finishes then trying them all on an offcut then pick the one you like

I did go to B & Q but they didnt have testers nor could they offer advice today. but I do have an off cut so I shall try a few options out. Thanks

Advice from B & Q :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You should be lucky.

I always sales assistance what B & Q stands for, only one person got it right.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Danish oil, if you don't like it no harm done as it can be waxed over or even painted.

Danish oil, if you don't like it no harm done as it can be waxed over or even painted.

Thank you, that was very useful as I didnt want to put something on and then be stuck with it. Danish Oil it is..... for now at least.

Hi
I mean the hand rail. Not sure of the terminology! the ballustrades are primed white, so I will paint them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back