New boiler, "zone A?"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have decided to get a new boiler fitted and have had a few quotes in to get the job done.

We know where we want it installed, which is in the downstairs cloakroom. The heating pipes, gas, hot and cold water are all within a few meters of the cloakroom, also there is a gulley not to far away (3m) outside.

However had one installer round yesterday and he said it cant be sited there as its in 'zone A'. So what is 'zone A?'

When I asked he said it is to do with the Gas Safety Regs, but its a new one on me. Anybody any ideas what 'zone A' is, as he wouldn't expand any further when I question this.

Sponsored Links
Might be distance to the nearest opening window or door to the flue, or a walkway or boundary close?

In fact, I have no idea.... but there may be someone along in a minute who does.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like cobblers to me.

If you fit a gas boiler in a cupboard used for coats you will need to make sure they are not able to come in contact with the casing - this is a fire risk and could also impede ventilation.

Other than that it seems fine.

Are you sure he wasn't saying it was a SEDBUK A classified boiler, and the flue output in your preferred position could affect neighbouring properties?

Simon, would this not be a "compartment" if it was less than 3.4 m³ and thus nothing can be stored there?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back