New Bolier Mains Eco or Vaillant ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,
Any advice much appreciated!

Sorry about the long post!

I have an old boiler system with a hot water cylinder which is on its last leg and needs replacing. I have so far had three quotes, two quotes from independent guys and one from BG, BG of course is nearly twice the cost!

I have a two bed one bath property living in Greater London bordering Essex, I need to get the old boiler which is in the children's bedroom replaced with a good combi.

One of the independent guys mentioned that my gas meter to boiler pipe is 15mm and the pipes used for the radiators in the living room and hallway are microbore so Vaillant might not be the best choice, a Main Eco Elite 30 KW would be a better choice, but one of the other guys said this need not be the case and Vaillant should be fine.
Is this information correct? Can the Vaillant choke on being installed?

The work involved will be as follows:
Isolate and Drain central heating and remove boiler from cupboard and flue system from loft and dispose
Drain old hot water cylinder and remove and dispose
Drain cold water storage tank in loft and disconnect from pipework, connect cold water main on to cold down services for bathroom
Fit new Mains 30kw eco elite combi in cupboard where hot water cylinder was and connect on to pipework
Fit new flue system going through roof in new location and make good roof
Fit magnetic filter on central heating pipework to protect boiler and scale reducer on cold water main into boiler to protect against scale
Fit thermostatic Radiator vales in both bedrooms and living room
Fit wireless room thermostat in hallway
Flush central heating with use of cleaner, refill and add protective chemical and test
Disconnect shower pump as will not work with a combi boiler
Fill out benchmark for boiler and issue home owners certificate
Clear all rubbish from site

Total Including all materials and Labour £2350.00 with 2 years warranty
If it’s Vaillant Total Including all materials and Labour £2850.00
Vaillant boiler will come with a standard 7 year warranty

Does this quote sound right? Is anything missing from the work to be done?

I was also thinking of moving it to the kitchen but both the independent guys and BG advised it will involve too much work as they might have to pull up floor boards etc and it will be more messy and if safety is my concern I can have a combi in the bedroom and it’s very safe as all modern ones are room sealed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back