New BroadBand on!

ninebob said:
Not sure why you're so vehemently opposed to wanadoo, Adam? Apart from clearly not being a fan of the french!

No, I love the French really, heck I'm listening to Maurice Chevalier (a 1950s French crooner) as I type this!

I just really hate the name. "Wanadoo". It just annoys me. It's like a French guy in a dodgy suit and a kipper tie was sat in a smokey marketing meeting and said "Mais oui, j'ai une bonne idée! Nous l'appellerons... Wanadoo!" Before they all started going "Haw-de-haw, mais oui, bien sur!" and went out for a really small glass of wine and a croque monsieur.

It's just something in the sound. Wanadoo. Eurgh. It sounds far too... French. It seems that what sounds cool in French automatically sounds plain sad in English. My French colleagues are overly fond of the expression "High-tech", because in France it is as new and cool an expression as it was here in about 1985. They're trying, bless 'em. But why they didn't just stick with a non-offensive name like "Freeserve".

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
[
There we go Kendor, typical Labour fiddling using works connection, tut, tut ... ;)
Actually the company are very good about us using the internet and mention in their computer policy that you can use the system for private use as long as it doesn't compromise their operations.

if it wasn't for the works connection then i probably wouldn't bother with the Internet as it not worth paying the sort of prices per month quoted by lots of service providers.

had you not told me that "wanadoo" is french i would have said it sounds australian to me :)

kendor said:
had you not told me that "wanadoo" is french i would have said it sounds australian to me :)

I can see what you mean...

G'day Bruce, I'm jist headin' down to Wanadoo Creek to see if I can't get some Sheilas to take to the Billabong barbie, cobber! :LOL:

OK, thats France and Australia done, I'm doing requests, just send them on a postcard to...

Adam performs mildly offensive national stereotypes
c/o 1970s TV comedy
PO Box 35

Sponsored Links
Back