New cooker 11.8kW?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I read tucked away in the user guide for new Tricity Bendix model that the max rating is 10.8 to 11.8kW.

We have 6mm cable. Now I'm not sure if this is enough.

When I checked the consumer unit I realised it only had a 30amp MCB for the cooker circuit.

I would like to know if the 30amp MCB is enough to supply the oven and will my oven ever really use 11.8kW?

The cooker is a stand alone main oven, oven/grill and ceramic hob.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
If you're designing for full load current, you'll need a 50 amp MCB and 10mm² cable.

However, with diversity, 30 amp and 6mm² is fine. Just dont go cranking up the cooker too often.

Like dont use it on Christmas Day you mean?? You need to look at your expected useage and upgrade if necessary.

TTC

Taylortwocities said:
Like dont use it on Christmas Day you mean?? You need to look at your expected useage and upgrade if necessary.

TTC

Even if you are using all rings and oven they are not all drawing current at the same time. Not unless you like eating pure charcoal and boiling your pans dry, anyway.

And it is VERY unlikely that a cook would turn on all four rings from cold at the same time.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the speedy replies!
Yeah, thought the 11.8kW was the max with everything running at full pelt. Just checky whats in this house and its 6mm cable and 32(i think)amp.

Feel abit better now.

Now all we have to do now is decide on the kitchen floor (cold concrete) :oops:

Almost forgot. Also have a Neff intergrated extractor. Anyone know the consumption of one of these? How many watts at full pelt? It just doesn't say in the user manual. :rolleyes:

Thankyou.

It will say on the appliance. We can't tell from here!!

Look for a sticker with watts (or W) on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back