New fridge freezer standing time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just unpacked my new side by side Samsung fridge freezer (US style) and put it in situ in the kitchen. I am aware that you are supposed to leave a fridge freezer to stand a while before switching on for the first time or after moving it etc. I was under the impression that they should be left for 24 hours but after reading online have found many people saying 4 hours. To my surprise, the manual for this fridge freezer states - 'Allow appliance to stand for 2hours after installation.'

Could this be a misprint? Could they have missed the '4' out?! I'm dying to turn the thing on and check it's working (has a water dispenser and ice maker) but am confused about conflicting advice. It was carried on it's side to get it in the house so don't want to cause a problem by turning on too soon. Has anyone ever seen a fridge freezer that only needs to stand for 2 hours before first turn on? Could this be an improved system? Any experts on refridgeration on here?!

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
if its on its side 6/8 hrs will be ok .oil runs back into compresser .if delivered standing up 4 hrs is ok .

Sponsored Links
manual is printed before the mc is built .if the fride has had a rocky ride and tipped /tilted then 6 hrs is ok .standing up a good ride 4 hrs is ok .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back