new mixer tap - fitting problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evenin' all,

i am plumbing in a new tap into a new kitchen.

The tap is a FRANKE Olympus tap.

The problem is that the threaded rod that connects the tap to the underside of the sink / worktop is too short.

The sink is 25mm thick (ceramic) planted on top of a 40mm timber worktop, so the tap has to go through both - 65mm just to get the thread in the clear.

Can i get longer threaded rod sections without buying a non-stainless one from B&Q and bodging it together?

make sense?

Sponsored Links
Or you can cut more out of the worktop so the tap only clamps to the sink and that would make it fit as its supposed to.

Sponsored Links
Or you can cut more out of the worktop so the tap only clamps to the sink and that would make it fit as its supposed to.

i had discounted this for a couple of reasons i wont bore you with, but think i will re-investigate. Now that it is all in, it is more solid than anticipated, so can probably take a good bit more hacking for a larger hole.

hey ho

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back