new or old floorboards?

Sounds like a plan, but I would be a bit worried about 'echoing' underneath the dips despite the filling under the battens. Fill those voids with extra underlayment.

instead of wedges ?

just to recap
in new cellar....underlayment then t+g glued

in existing cellar.... DPM, underlayment, CLS (supported by more underlayment where not touching floor) then t+g ?????
cheers
Gazza!!!

Sponsored Links
No, wedges underneath the battens for stability - extra underlayment on the underfloor (between the battens) where there will be an extra void between normal underlayment and floorboards.

No, wedges underneath the battens for stability - extra underlayment on the underfloor (between the battens) where there will be an extra void between normal underlayment and floorboards.
sorry its hard understanding when you cant see whats being explained....
do you mean ....underlayment, then battens (supported where necessary with wedges) and an extra layer of underlayment in between battens..........or do you mean to completely fill the void??

Concrete floor with dips. Install battens on concrete floor with wedges in those places that needs leveling out. Place underlayment on concrete floor between the battens. Use extra underlayment on top of underlayment where the dips in the concrete still are creating voids. Battens will create a level structure but the concrete will still have dips here and there.

Sponsored Links
Concrete floor with dips. Install battens on concrete floor with wedges in those places that needs leveling out. Place underlayment on concrete floor between the battens. Use extra underlayment on top of underlayment where the dips in the concrete still are creating voids. Battens will create a level structure but the concrete will still have dips here and there.
aha....i get it nar
but.....hopefully....just one more question....
should i put something between the battens and the DPM to protect the DPM from ripping etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back