New problem with Challenger alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I moved house last year and the alarm which was previously installed in the flat was working well, albeit no manual but i used an online help to check basic function. From what i can tell from the online manual (as it doesn't have a model on the alarm itself) it is a Challenger AP200. All of a sudden I am no longer able to set the alarm by typing in the 4 digit code. when I do this, one of the zone lights remains on and when i exit the tone remains the same and the alarm won't set. To get rid of the noise or 're-set' it I merely have to press any key and the tone will cease. I think the problem is with zone 1 as this is the light which remains on, which is one of my eternal doors. I've had a look to see where the sensor/s are and think they are on the top of the door but no idea how to fix - any ideas? I live on my own and set the alarm at night so really need to get it fixed asap, thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
What are eternal doors? Never come across those before.

You probably have a sticking contact. They cost about £1.60 but you'll need someone to fit it for you.

What are eternal doors? Never come across those before.

You probably have a sticking contact. They cost about £1.60 but you'll need someone to fit it for you.

Thanks for your response. Sorry, meant external door. It has been working for the year that I've been there and all of a sudden it has stopped working. I've tried the sounder test and it works ok but I'm not able to do the walk test as the alarm won't set as zone 1 light is illuminated and single tone all the time. The contacts are screwed into the door and the door frame and are not loose in any way - I rubbed them down in case there was a dust issue or something....do you still think it is the contacts that need changed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back