New programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a central heating/hot water tank system. The boiler is a Potterton Suprima 60, the programmer is a Drayton LP722. Last year we had all sorts of trouble with the boiler needing to be reset every day and we have paid quite a bit of money to have a new valve fitted and the system flushed but the problems persisted. I googled and found that this boiler does have a bad reputation due to the circuit board. So last summer I bought a reconditioned board off ebay and to date those problems have been solved (touch wood).

Now I am getting another problem. For a while now I have found that when the programmer timer switches the water on, or heating on, (or both) it all works fine, but when I override manually using the buttons on the front I can only get heating if the water is also on. Now it has got worse and I cannot manually override to get heating. The timer function works fine, but the manual override has stopped working.

So, this is probably an easy question to answer, but I am assuming that the programmer box is faulty and I need to get a new one? Is it possible/legal for me to do it myself, or should I get an electrician? Finally, the Drayton timer is 10 years old, so I guess it is due for replacement, but are there any recommendations about what to replace it with, in terms of reliability, quality and ease of use?

Sponsored Links
If the programmer is faulty, replace it with another LP722, you can still get them.

As regards fitting it, just isolate supply to boiler/programmer and unscrew the two little screws at the bottom of the programmer and remove.The new LP722 will fit straight on like for like- simples

Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back