New project but where to find pipes? PT2 Degreasing service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps,

I have been forced on this forum kind of due to my wife demanding my DIY expertise :whistle: of course I should of kept quiet and let her buy it from iKea but the bevy side of me said easy, but in reality I need you lads to help me out.

I am trying to build an industrial wardrobe for my wife I have seen some posts on here before about it but I need to find out where I can buy iron or steel pipes in a industrial black colour for cheap with all connectors, elbows, flanges etc with a mixture of sizes and diameters.

I went to BandQ but only sold small diameter copper pipes which was a lot of money

If anyone can help get me out the dog house it would be very good

Cheers Al

Sponsored Links
Many thanks lads pipes came more steel than Superman could break........................ummm still in Dog-house

The pipes are full of thick industrial grease and oil........now the carpet we won't talk about that(n)....... I got my mates degreaser from Wickes but it still was not shifting. I then took them all to a petrol station and pressure washed them. This was not the best idea as they have started to slightly rust. Also the pipes still smell like metal.

I am now looking for a degreasing service really urgent in the Hampshire area not silly money:(.

Anyone know

Sponsored Links
White spirit will get it off the carpets. Not sure about cleaning the pipes, perhaps ask some engine/gearbox reconditioners?

Or you could just buy new. A 6m length pf 1/2" could set you back as little as £15.

Last edited:
but likewise if anyone does know in the Hampshire area please drop me a message

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back