New Render / Old Render removal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

first post here, but just starting a large project so I hope to contribute too :)

I have a bungalow with VERY sound render, but the render is 'rough stle' and very old fashioned. I'd like to get someone in to 'Smooth render' it to make it more 'crisp' and modern.

Does the original render HAVE to be removed, or can a bloke render over it (given that it really is in great condition)?

Thanks in advance! :)

Sponsored Links
You can rendered over it but depends how bumpy the old render is, the next problem could be the thicker rendering may be very close to the windows cill for the weather drip causing more wet walls. The best job would be to removed the old render. The plasterer may have a tough time trying to straighten the bump out for the new flat wall. Best to get a couple of quote for their recommendation as well

As said it can be rendered over, If the existing is solid it will damage the brick/blockwork trying to remove it.
The window reveals can be knocked off and sill extensions fitted if required.

It can be rendered over. Just need to use some SBR bond to help it. You can also give it a key with an angle grinder just to rough it up then bond it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks fellas. Will let you know the outcome. Got a renderer looking at the wweekend. I'll tackle most things, but some really are left to the experts ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back