New shower will not get hot

Hi,

I have uploaded another picture.

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/1383/boilerfull1zj.jpg

The first (left) knob is the radiator temperature, the next knob switches between water and radiator, to just water. The third knob is the water temperature.

Regarding the stop cock, a british gas serviceman when sorting a leak said we did not need to turn it on full as our pressure is quite high. Either way it doesn't help the shower.

I do not know how to measure this.

Oh the temperature is reasonable now, but the noise is back. Bloody thing :(

Sponsored Links
OK, I suppose I will have to agree that the right hand knob is probably for hot water even if it does not say anything or do anything!

My next question would be why does that knob not do anything? I might wonder if its faulty.

Also an admission! I have an old one in the garden but thats for spares and technical investigations. But its protected under a waterprood sheet.

Tony

The thing is the third knob does make the temperature of the tap hot water hotter. The boiler is old though.

But it does nothing to the shower. And the thermostat never seems to move from 30C as in the first picture on the boiler.

I need to find the British Gas leaflet to check if my 3* cover may cover this possible problem.

Sponsored Links
getback said:
The thing is the third knob does make the temperature of the tap hot water hotter.
This would tend to indicate that the boiler is working correctly.

getback said:
But it does nothing to the shower.
This would tend to indicate that the shower isn't.

getback said:
And the thermostat never seems to move from 30C as in the first picture on the boiler.
This would tend to indicate that the gauge is broken.

getback said:
I need to find the British Gas leaflet to check if my 3* cover may cover this possible problem.
...or just telephone them and ask :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back