new thermostatic shower not hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, we have just had a total disaster of a bathroom fitted by a `professional`there have been so many issues with it but there's one which is a real show stopper - the thermostatic shower isn't giving out anything approaching hot water!

it has two controls - one which is a diverter and one for temperature control

we have a combination boiler which supplies hot water

when in the shower regardless where you turn the temperature control it makes no little to no difference

I believe the bath feed is the same pipe as carries the thermostatic shower feed so in my investigations I tried turning on the cold water tap on the bath and this improved the hot output from the shower a lot...

what can I do to fix this issue. I cant access the thermostatic mixer because its been put into the wall and it tiled over, the same applies to the pipework under the bath. there has to be a solution to this somehow?!?!

Sponsored Links
Could well be piped up backwards, IE the hot is piped into the cold connection and the cold is piped into the hot connection. If this is the case it'll almost certainly need the pipework altering to the correct configuration, although on a few it is possible to invert the thermostatic cartridge to solve the problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back