New to Storage Heaters

I wish people wouldn't install cu's in the vertical position. If nothing else the electrickery can fall out!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Looks like the larger meter is recording THREE seperate loads - The convectors, storage rads and the water heater.

Three main switches in the big consumer unit, and three 'out' tails from the larger meter seem to indicate this.

The meter should be switching the outputs to the storage rads, what times this occurs depends on the tariff, the water heater may also be switched.

The little meter appears to be for your general lecky usage in your top consumer unit.

Phone your supplier and ask what tariff you are on, it looks like a heat wise meter , I think it's 10hrs off peak a day

Sponsored Links
Hi,

You might well be on a tariff called 'Total Heat, Total Control'. We were on it and when I switched to Economy 7 they advised me that THTC is only really appropriate for houses that aren't fully dependent on electric heating - we are, therefore THTC was inappropriate.

Otherwise, you might be on Economy 10 which has some bizarre timings!

Hope this is of use...

Hi,

You might well be on a tariff called 'Total Heat, Total Control'. We were on it and when I switched to Economy 7 they advised me that THTC is only really appropriate for houses that aren't fully dependent on electric heating - we are, therefore THTC was inappropriate.

Otherwise, you might be on Economy 10 which has some bizarre timings!

Hope this is of use...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back