New toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I,m in the process of fitting an upstairs toilet. My only concern is the waste.
I have 2 options. one is to run a soil stack straight down to the mains sewage which obviously involves a lot of digging.
Option 2 is join up to the downstairs loo. This connects to an iternal soil pipe in the floor directly behind the pan.
My idea was to run a soil pipe out through the wall, down the wall and back in through the wall connecting to 2 toilets to the internal soil pipe.
Is this possible? and what connectors would I need?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You should be able to do either but if you connect to the downstairs loo drain you will still have to provide a new vented soil stack & reconnect the loo in to the side of the stack; other wise the first time you flush the new upstairs loo could mean you get a nice pebbledash decoration in the downstairs loo.

Marley used to have a very useful design guide & product list on their web site but the link I have no longer works; a Google search should throw up their new site. Remember that whatever you do must comply with current Building regs. & BC will want to inspect (fee involved) & may even want to witness a pressure test on the new stack/drain. I faced a similar problem with a new en-suite last year &, in the end, decided it was easier to provide a new, separate stack & connection to the foul drain.

Thanks for your reply. I,ll have a look see if I can find the design plans on Marley you mentioned.
Dont relish the idea of digging down to join the mains but looks like I might have to now that you point out the problem of pebbledashing downstairs. Fitting a stack to connect the downstairs loo to could be a problem. Toilet currently discharges straight through the floor directly behind the pan and space is very limited due to it being a small cloak room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back