New window just fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a new double glazed window fitted by the two guys who are fitting our new bathroom.

The window was measured up and delivered by a friend who has successfully installed 2 other windows and patio doors with no problems. However because of workload we asked pur bathroom fitters if they could do it. They have done it but have taken out the old one and replaced the new one all by working from the inside. Is this correct? They went on Friday and are due back in a couple of days and when I looked outside both sides of the window have large amounts of expanding foam in which has also got onto the new white upvc of the window nad has also dripped down onto the terrain pipe below as well as down the brickwork. The most annoying thing though is that they have cut the windowsill to excatly the same width as the window even though the old one was wider and cut into the brickwork either side as do all of our other windows. I emailed him at the weekend and asked why it was square and mentioned the mess and he said they planned to put white facia boards down both sides of the window which will then widen the sill. I told them I don't want white facia I want the window to look like all my other windows with the red brick showing to the side and to be just sealed in neatly and that I want a new sill that extends into the brickwork. To me i think they want to use the facia because they done the job from the inside and have made a mess as there was a lot of stone chippings down in the alleyway after they went. Is it strange to install from the inside especially as its been meassured from the outside. Any advice please as they haven't reponed yet.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a good job you didn't ask them to perform any other extras like brain surgery, or dentistry, or anything other than bathroom fitting :LOL:

Are they doing a good job with the bathroom though?

If its not right ask for it to be put right, if the rest of the windows have been horned why should this one be any different?? It's laziness at the end of the day. Where have the chippings come from if its face brick??
Anyone can fit a window, making it function trouble free and giving it a neat finish is a different story.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back