New World inbuilt gas cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a New World inbuilt gas cooker. Grill at eye level, oven below. It's old - was in the property when I bought it. The springs on the (drop down) oven door have gone. I don't want to buy a new oven (I need to try and eke it out for 2 or 3 months) and I can't order new hinges because I don't know the model of the oven. I have looked for the model number everywhere; even had the whole appliance out of the casing. I have a photo of the oven and springs (though can't attach it on this discussion board). Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a normal cooker just slotted into the space. Are the springs broken? or do they just want hooking on again.

The springs can become unhooked, and it should be simple to refix them.

Thanks for your thoughts. However, there is a rod that runs down the centre of the spring and the end had snapped away.

Since initially writing I have spoke to a guy that used to work at New World and he reckons that the appliance dates back to the 1980s and that I haven't got a chance in monkeys of getting a part. Next idea is to get someone either to solder the bits together or make me a new part! The challenges of life!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back