Newlec LL SH 24 AN - Storage Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 85 year old mother has just informed me that her Newlec night storage heater has never worked. (She has had it installed for 5 years)

The fuse is OK so I think she has switched it off and the clock may need resetting (She keeps switching it on and off)

The clock isn't visable. Would it be under the panel at the top?

Any help gratefully received!

Jane

Sponsored Links
She's lost the manual. All it says on the heater is NEWLEC LL SH 24 AN. I have Googled it but I am unable to find anywhere that has the manual.

I have a feeling that if I unscrew the top panel a clock/timer may be there. (I presume that storage heaters have timers as they switch on between midnight and 6amish and they are all quite similar in the way they work)

I wish she would have told me this 5 years ago!!!!!!

Kind regards
Jane

can you not contact them and ask if you can either be sent or download a users guide.
I had a quick look put can find any links to one.
I will try again later.
But if removing anything isolate the equipemnet first, before you go poking around.
Likely to be quite simple solution, do they not come on at all?

Sponsored Links
can you not contact them and ask if you can either be sent or download a users guide.
I will try again later.
But if removing anything isolate the equipemnet first, before you go poking around.

I have had a look for a user guide too but have come up with nothing!! The local council put the fire in at no charge to my mother and since then, they will have changed contractors, so there is no hope of tracing who actually put it in.
According to my mother it has never worked but if she's switching it on and off all the time, who knows?
I just thought that there may be a timer/clock under the cover but nothing is simple any more (*sighs*)
Many thanks for your help. I may just call a local electrician and get them to sort it out.
Kind regards
Jane

I will try again later.

I have had a look for a user guide too but have come up with nothing!! The local council put the fire in at no charge to my mother and since then, they will have changed contractors, so there is no hope of tracing who actually put it in.
According to my mother it has never worked but if she's switching it on and off all the time, who knows?
I just thought that there may be a timer/clock under the cover but nothing is simple any more (*sighs*)
Many thanks for your help. I may just call a local electrician and get them to sort it out.
Kind regards
Jane

Oh yes, they have never had any heat come out of them at all....(*sighs again*)

Thank you for your help!!

I will ring an electrician as I don't want to go looking inside it's belly for stuff!!!

Kind regards
Jane

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back