Nice while it lasted...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/nhs/pages/licensing/post_ea_hup.aspx

What about the Home User Programme (HUP)?

The Home User Programme was available to all NHS Employees as a Software Assurance (SA) benefit. This offer gave NHS employees the opportunity to purchase Microsoft Office at a discounted rate of £8.95.

Unfortunately, as the Enterprise-wide Agreement has not been renewed, NHS employees can no longer take advantage of this offer.

Microsoft understands the concerns of NHS employees regarding the sudden requirement to uninstall any copies of Microsoft Office licensed via the Home User Programme (HUP).

The NHS decision not to renew the Enterprise-wide Agreement (EwA) that enabled NHS employees to benefit from the HUP was unexpected for us too and did not allow us any time to pursue other ways in which NHS employees could continue to benefit from the HUP. However, we are now working with a number of NHS organisations to try to find local solutions to enable continued home use of copies of Microsoft Office licenced via the HUP.
We therefore recommend that all NHS employees who have purchased a licence for Microsoft Office via the Home User Programme refer to the IT department within their organisation for further information before uninstalling the product...

Sponsored Links
I'd only un-install it if they refunded the money I'd paid them for it.. otherwise it was purchased and installed legally and would stop there until the next format..

it's a bit like saying "you know that car you bought off us 3 years ago for £15,000, well we want it back but since you've used it we're not giving you anything for it.. "...

I think that says that NHS staff were able to install the software on their home computer for £8 odd..so they don't need to uninstall it, but they won't get upgrades, when free alternatives are available.

Or just install a freely available hack, that allows you continued use.

Sponsored Links
...because we all know that Microsoft office is an essential toold for all NHS staff...at home.

Maybe I should get my company to pay for my Sky service.

...because we all know that Microsoft office is an essential toold for all NHS staff...at home.

Maybe I should get my company to pay for my Sky service.

My old company did pay for internet services...as I used them for work, do you? or do NHS workers? But limited cost for the software?

Back