No central heating but hot water is fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Last night our Greenstar 24i junior boiler stopped working for central heating but hot water appears to be working fine.

When we program the heating to come on the ignite button doesn't come on (it doesn't appear to spark) - however, it does work for the hot water.

We have replaced the fuses for the ones provided with the boiler but that doesn't seem to have helped (unless those were broken too).

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Sponsored Links
The most likely cause is a lack of electrical "call" from your timer or thermostat.
The first thing which should happen when there's a call is the fan coming on - I assume it doesn't?

Sponsored Links
It is about 14 months old - so just out of warranty!!!

Have ordered some more of the fuses but clutching at straws that the others we used were broken.

According to Worcester Bosch the Green Star 24i Junior has a two year warrantee, this assumes your installer/your self sent in the paper work, and, the appliance had a service at the twelve months from installation date.

Tim

No - we looked last night and you are only entitled to the extra year warranty if you returned the forms within 30 days which we didn't as we were on holiday.

So....we only had a one year warranty unfortunately :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back