no earths visible in wiring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a new bath suite (to put into the new house) which has a spa fitted. I have bought a switched spur with integral RCD.

I want to add an earth to the pump itself and it has a connection point for this, however I cannot see an earthing point to go to not even by the consumer unit.

The wiring in the house (certainly the lighting) has no earth and I thought that I might see one from the consumer unit to an earth spike outside.

Obviously I want to have the copper pipes earthed as well as the pump to avoid electrocution.

many regards in advance.

Peter

Sponsored Links
are there any earths present within your consumer unit?

personally i would recommend that you get a periodic inspection carried out, just with you saying that there are no earths......just in case :eek:

iL78
Well I couldnt see any earth cable coming out of it and going off anywhere, I will take the cover off tonight and have a closer look and post back.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

regards

Sponsored Links
you may also find an earth connected to your main incoming cable, not all houses have an earth rod

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back