No entry time for Yale Premium alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a Yale Premium alarm and all seemed to go OK until actually testing the alarm. When I set the arm or home arm, the coundown from 30 seconds starts and all is seemingly fine. I went outside and waited until the beeps had stopped and then re-entered the house. There should be a 30 second delay for me to enter the house and disarm the system (I set this up in advanced setting). However, on opening the door, the alarm goes off immediately with an ear-piercing siren and there is no 30 second delay to get to the control panel.

Is there something I am missing here?

Also, if I put the alarm in home arm mode, can I walk around the house freely without anything happening until the door is opened. More to the point, can i set home alarm each morning with a cat in the house?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Did you make the contact the entry point?

In home you can walk where ever you like as long as the area is unprotected.

Have you pet "proof" detectors? They work fine, except with cats.

Got the manual?

You need to go to
pr- code - tick -down arrow - devices - edit devices

then select the door contact you have positioned as your entry door it will be either dc01 (usually) or dco2.

press the tick when next to the device and you will then have to select 'entry' as the device type. then follow the rest of the set up for the device including naming it.

This is the same way you would also designate a device as a home arm device. If you don't have pet friendly sensors then you will assuming a std kit with 2 contacts and 2 pir only have the option to select the two pir devices as 'home' . this means that when part set with the orange set button instead of the red one your door contacts will be active sensors but your movement sensors will not be active. To be honest you really need the room where your valuables are to be protected with an active pir even if that means restricting your cats freedom.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice, that is great. I will have another go when I get back tonight and thanks for advising about the pet sensitive stuff.
Cheers,
Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back