NO HEATING OR HOT WATER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do i re-pressurize my central heating system?

I have a combi boiler and was messing with a radiator the other night.

the pressure went below 1 bar - booiler still on and no leaks-

What do i do

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem. Although the pressure on the dial next to my MegaFlow cylinder is practically at zero. Anyone know how to increase the pressure or what the problem is?

Mains water pressure is higher than that required in the central heating pipes and boiler. If the boiler pressure has reduced due to a leak or bleeding a radiator you have to increase the pressure by using the mains supply. Somehow these two have to be connected. In most cases a flexible 'filling loop' has to be connected and the valve opened very slowly so not to overdo it. 'filling loops' are about 12 ins long so look at the pipe near the boiler to see if you can find the connection points.
I believe some boilers may have the connection built into the pipework with a closed valve separating the mains supply from the boiler, again opening this valve slowly will allow the higher pressure of the mains to increase the low pressure of the boiler.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back