No Hot Water and No water Pressure - HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(Before i start, please note im not very technically minded)

I have a Worcester Bosch 280 combi boiler and i cant get any hot water.
The problem started i think when i took off a radiator yesterday to do some diy and since then the hot water has stopped working.
The pressure is on zero.

After reading some comments, i think i need to "top up" my water, but dont know how to do this.

Any help today would be greatly appreciated as im beginning to smell !!!!

Thank you

Sponsored Links
do you have one of these near the boiler
fill_loop.jpg

if not you need the filling key

You need to find your "Filling loop". Then do a search, plenty on it.

I have done a bit more research and have found a stop cock underneath.
I have allowed more water in the system (up to 1 bar) and am in the process of finishing off draining the rads.

Once the rads are drained, and the pressure is at 1 bar, technically i should have hot water right?????

Thanks for your prompt replies

Sponsored Links
Damn !! - I have drained the rads, and turned the hot water tap on and i can hear the boiler firing up but alas, no hot water.

Any ideas please guys

Many Thanks again

i have got the pressure up tp 1 bar by opening the stop cock that is underneath. As the rads drained of air, the pressure dropped and i have allowed more water into the system via the stopcock to push it up to 1 bar again.

thank you

I can hear the boiler coming and constantly firing and the "demand" light switches on. I leave the hot water running for 5 minutes but no hot water.

Does this sound terminal?

regards

sean

cant get into the main part of the boiler at present. The former owners of the house thought it was a good idea to enclose the boiler in a kitchen cupboard. Seems i have to take the cupboard apart.
Just realised also i have 2 radiators (one downstairs and one upstairs) that haven't got bleeding valves !!!

Could this be part of the problem?

Also my father in law just rang me now and he thinks there could be air in the pump. Could this be true and if so how do i extract it.

thanks for all your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back