no hot water from the taps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i seem to have no hot water from the hot water taps their is little or no water pressure.the house has been empty for a few months so i have now put the heating on the boiler seems to be working ok however i had to replace a 22mm gate valve to the header tank in the loft. i cant find a room stat anywhere or no motorised valves anywhere.im not sure what type of system is fitted to the house.all i can find is a heating timer for the water and heating system. :(

Sponsored Links
I presume the gate valve you replaced was the cold feed to the hot water cylinder? are you sure you opened it properly? Failing that you may have an airlock. You may have the old type system where there is usually a gate valve where nowadays there is a motorised valve to close the central heating circuit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back