No hot water in bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping you can help a plumbing novice.
The hot tap in my bath runs cold after 30 seconds (I've tried it at various times of the day, CH on and off, left it running for 15 mins and it never gets hot again). I have a Hawk II combi boiler fitted which is in good working order.
Hot and cold taps work fine in the kitchen and bathroom sinks.
Cold tap in bath is also fine. Water is still flowing from the bath hot tap - only it's cold once the initial hot water has gone (always less than a minute).
The water pressure has always been pretty bad (1.5 bar even after opening filling tube) but I could get continuous hot water up until a few weeks ago.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone help at all? I could really use an opinion on what i should do. To add some more info the water pressure from the kitchen taps is great, but in the bathroom it is a trickle from both hot and cold taps, as well as the hot water going cold problem I already described.

The central heating works fine and radiators are all good. Just the bathroom being a pain and it makes showering nearly impossible - i'd really appreciate some help. Should I get a plumber to come and have a look at the bathroom? Any help at all would be great. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The pressure on the gauge is not connected with the tap water pressure, that's what's in the radiators.
The water pressure has always been pretty bad (1.5 bar even after opening filling tube) but I could get continuous hot water up until a few weeks ago.
The mains water pressures have been turned down in many areas.

It' s possible that the flow into your bath is for some reason so low, that it isn't enough to switch the boiler on. Therefore you get the residual heat from the boiler then it's cooled down.

Measure the flow (litres per minute) from the bath hot tap (and compare with other hot taps). Tell us what it is. It should turn the boiler on at around 2 litres/min. If not, the "flowmeter" in the boiler is suspect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back