No hot water in shower or bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new combi condensing boiler fitted about 16 months ago and it has been working fine but in the last few weeks the water in the shower & bath has been running lukewarm. The water is hot in the bathroom sink and in the kitchen sink, and I recently had a loft conversion with en-suite where the water is also hot (but not very hot, it is bearable to stand in on it's max temp) Is this likely to be a problem with the boiler given that I am getting hot water in other places, or could it be the thermostatic valve on the mixer (the water for the shower and the bath both come from the mixer)? The bathroom is newly tiled and was only fitted 11 months ago, so I need to find the cause of the problem without unecessarily taking off all the expensive tiles.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back