No hot water on conventional boiler system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a leak on my heating system, lost quite a lot of water. After repair and refill I can no longer get hot water. Do I have an air lock or problems with my actuator? I have a Drayton can this be manually operated. Thanks Dave.

Sponsored Links
Do I have an air lock .
possibly
or problems with my actuator? .
another possibility
I have a Drayton can this be manually operated. .
yet another possibility
but not having a crystal ball I dont know what boiler or system you have.
Hi it is a conventional system, and it is a Glowworm micron boiler, further, today I had to check system. Swithed off boiler and drained, refilled, now boiler only comes on then goes off, only comes on after turning thermo up, then it goes off again?

Sponsored Links
Hi it is a conventional system, and it is a Glowworm micron boiler, further, today I had to check system. Swithed off boiler and drained, refilled, now boiler only comes on then goes off, only comes on after turning thermo up, then it goes off

Can you give more detail. Eg. Why and how did you have to check system. Was there a reason for draining and refilling. What do you mean by "only comes on then goes off"

Hi it is a conventional system, and it is a Glowworm micron boiler, further, today I had to check system. Swithed off boiler and drained, refilled, now boiler only comes on then goes off, only comes on after turning thermo up, then it goes off

Can you give more detail. Eg. Why and how did you have to check system. Was there a reason for draining and refilling. What do you mean by "only comes on then goes off"

Hi

The initial problem was a leaking joint on a heating pipe, I switched off water, drained made repair and refilled, then found the hot water did not come on.
I had to recheck the repair, so switched off electric to boiler, switched off water drained again and checked repair. Repair is fine. After switching everything back on and refilling, boiler would only fire up for a few moments then go off, I could switch it back on by turning the thermo up, but it would only stay on for a few moments, now it will not come on at all. I am baffled?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back